this wonderful Sunday morning. I offered my day to God by coming to church. to worhip and thank all the blessings that poured into my life, to my family, studies and friends. I invited my close friends but none of them appeared. sigh, because it start's 8:30 am and i guess they are a bunch of sleepy heads.
yeah! our pastor's topic is about When the Hedge is Gone, and we read the the story of Job.
So who was Job? he is a a good man, careful not to do anything evil (Job 1:1)
as what we know in the story, Satan tests Job and series of unfortunate events happened to him.
imagine, from all his richness and glory ended up into dust. in a blink of an eye...
from what I've understand at our pastor, God took off the hedge, a sort of a barrier of protection to Job and let difficulties surround him.
yeah, so terrible you might say..but guess what!?
God doesn't go ANYWHERE. :D
wee! I was so blessed this day. Yeah, God has a protection in every one of us. but sometimes he take it off and let trials in our way. why? because he is God. no question about it. but what so inspiring to know is that he is there, always there and never goes anywhere..
All we need to do is to TRUST him. when the hedge is Gone. :)
let me tell you something about my past experience. this past september, three robbers sneaked in our house. they tied my 87 year old father and stormed at our house for almost one hour. good thing I was not at home that time, If I were, I our neighbors would never learn that we were robbed. I was out with my mother buying groceries ( they are divorced now) as I went home, I wondered why our house is pitch black.
I began to worry, what might happened to my dad? I thought he was rushed into hospital.
our gates are wide open so I thought the thin figure beside the car was a driver phone called by my dad.
but it was one of the robbers. i should have guessed. I even talked to him asking where is my dad. he said he's inside. I began to step forward. but halted, why would my dad stay inside our house pitch black?
i was taken back to reality when he suddenly pushed my back, that's when I realize that i was fighting for my life. he was trying to bring me inside our house. I screamed, but his hand was on my face, but I just let out a sharp hum or something. I fought back. the guy was thin and in mid20's so I was still able to fight him by force. adrenaline overwhelms me, I didn't know what was happening. I was just determined to fight back. i'm not also afraid of dying that time because I thought to myself that it is God's will and only him knows my future will be.
in the end, he gave up and let go of me. I ran for help and crying, I was deeply concerned of my dad's well being
the police came but the suspects were gone, they stole money, my dad's shotgun, ipod & phones.
we have a vault here, and they were waiting for me to come home and open it for them.
God is really God. though our house was a huge mess after that. we are still alive.
minor muscle pains and bruises I got from it, but still. I trusted Jesus.
and trully....he never Left me :)
God bless you, God bless me
Sunday, November 2, 2008
When the Hedge Is Gone
Posted by Missy at 11/02/2008 09:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment